Workday Technical Report Writer
Location: Letterkenny, County Donegal
Salary: TBC including paid holidays, working from home and state of the art facilities
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Workday Technical Report Writer based in Letterkenny.
My client is a multinational enterprise dealing in the field of insurance. With state of the art offices in Letterkenny, you will be joining a diverse and agile team with added benefits of remote working.
Provide development and reporting support to HR Technology, ranging from creating simple reports to developing more complex reports and dashboards for a wide array of end users
The role involves a combination of responsibilities, tasks and deliverables. Responsibilities include:
· Lead as a technical expert from gathering requirements, design, development, testing through to deployment
· Prepare technical documentation and support testing from development through post production support
· Build and maintain simple to complex reports in Workday functions such as WFA, Talent, Payroll, Compensation, etc. utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other available tools and technologies
· Ability to build reports in various languages/platforms: Advanced, Matrix, BIRT, Dashboard, etc.
· Strong experience in building and maintaining calculated fields in Workday
· Drive optimization and process efficiencies through leveraging of technology and industry best practices
· Execution of high-quality standard reports
· Timely and accurate response to report related inquiries
· Excellent communications skills as Analysts front many critical discussions across the business
· Gather relevant data to conduct business analysis and provide recommendations on improved reporting infrastructure
· Deliver strong and effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
· The successful candidate will have working experience with HCM Workday and Report Writer.
Travel to the US may be required.
· HCM Workday: Report Writer & Calculated Field training
· HCM Workday: Advanced Analytics training advantageous
· Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos, Business Objects Advantageous
· Strong Excel & VBA knowledge
· Relational databases such as SQL / Oracle
· Demonstrated experience with BIRT
· Workday certification advantageous
· Demonstrated report writing skills in building Workday reports in all types, Advanced, Matrix, BIRT, Dashboard, etc.
· Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction quickly when priorities change
· Results oriented with a high degree of independence, collaboration, agility and adaptability, including strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
· Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to work on highly cross-functional geographically distributed project teams
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Consistent problem-solving ability with acute attention to detail and sharp analytical skills
· Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
· Ability to multitask and manage priorities with little supervision
· Ability to specify, prioritise and organize own work to meet deadlines
· Ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas
· Ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies
· At least 1 to 2 years customer care experience
· At least 1 to 2 years' experience with effective problem solving
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, a related discipline or equivalent work experience required
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in an environment which encourages support and progression.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Steven Cinnamond at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.