Temporary Working Trades Foreperson required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, 08:00 - 16:30
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out the full range of work associated with his/her trade
- To represent the Assistant Manager as required within the post-holder's sphere of responsibility
- To supervise all assigned operatives/apprentices, to assign jobs as necessary and to ensure that these jobs are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- To order and source materials, plant and equipment in conjunction with the M&E Projects Manager, Assistant Manager and co-ordinators, ensuring prompt delivery of materials on-site
- To use all transport, plant and equipment supplied, and to work as required in all areas of the city
- To carry out site inspections, assess the nature and scope of work required and to measure up jobs where required to do so, using all documentation and equipment supplied
- To assist the Quantity Surveyor, Estimator and/or Assistant Manager in the pricing of jobs.
- To monitor the quality of work carried out, and to highlight to operatives and line management any defective or sub-standard work
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety at Work legislation and policies
- To liaise with clients, customers and sub-contractors as necessary
- To participate in the delivery of a 24-hour call out service
- To liaise as necessary with the Working Trades Forepersons (Fabric & Mechanical) as required in order to ensure that an integrated approach to service-delivery is maintained at all times
- To provide advice and guidance on electrical matters as required
- To assist in the implementation of effective individual performance management processes in respect of all assigned staff
- To participate in working groups, project teams and other ad hoc groupings as directed by the Property Maintenance Manager
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts I and II plus Joint Industry Board (JIB) achievement measurement Parts I and II
- City and Guilds 2380 (BS7671 18th Edition Wiring Regulations)
- Full, current driving licence and access to a form of transport
- Be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience in a supervisory capacity, gained within the building industry, dealing with the repair and maintenance of electrical systems and services
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.