Temporary Workshop Support/Reception required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £8.77 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Thursday (08:00 - 16:00) and Friday (08:00 - 15:30)
Duration: 11 months pending review
- Act as the first point of contact between customers and the workshop, dealing with drivers, receiving assets for maintenance, ensuring defect sheets are completed correctly and ensure work orders are raised accordingly
- Contribute to the overall throughput of assets for maintenance through close co-operation with the workshop foreman, parts manager and mechanics
- Report to the foreman work received to allow for allocation of mechanic resources as per the foreman's principal accountabilities
- Manage the creation, updating and closure of work orders on Oracle, ensuring that all costs are accounted for prior to invoicing
- Retrieving and reporting specific work orders if requested
- Manage the provision of workshop pool vehicles by close liaison with drivers and Field Managers to ensure prompt return and overall condition
- Assisting the workshop manager with the timely and accurate completion of vehicle test applications
- Accessing NIWs iProcurement facility on Oracle to allow the requisitioning of parts and services as required
- Ensure (when required) that all vehicles due for testing are presented to the DVA centre at the pre-arranged date and time
- Updating of GVC test data onto Oracle
- Interrogation of maintenance date for upward reporting to line managers
- 5 GCSE's (Grade C or above) including English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in a busy workshop office environment and have a good understanding and experience of workshop practices and procedures
- Competence in the use of IT including MS Office applications
- Knowledge of Oracle database
Please note successful candidate will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Check at a cost of £18.00
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
These roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.