Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Youth Conference Co-ordinator
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.00
13+ week's £14.01
Hours: 42 hours Flexible working hours available
- Degree in either Social Work or Youth Work
- Demonstratable experience of working with young people who display challenging behaviour
- Demonstratable experience of writing formal reports
- Current registration or be eligible for registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council. (Continuing employment will be dependent on the successful registration)
The successful candidate must have access to a form of transport which will enable them to fulfil the responsibilities of the job in full.
- Work restoratively with children, families, communities, victims and statutory/voluntary partners in delivering youth justice services to young people on the fringes of and in the criminal justice system.
- Work restoratively with victims in order to ensure their centrality and in giving them a voice throughout the criminal justice process.
- Responsible for convening Youth Conferences and preparing Youth Justice Agency reports emanating from said conferences.
- Convene, deliver and report on Youth Conferences.
- Present intervention plans to the referring agents.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26/33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland