Youth Outreach Manager
Location: Greater Belfast
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Youth Outreach Manager on a full time basis to be based in the Greater Belfast Area. This post is Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Our client has an outstanding reputation in the sector, helping over 3.000 people every year across Northern Ireland, offering numerous vital, bespoke and life saving services to the homeless community and support to people who are at risk of becoming homeless.
As the Youth Outreach Manager you will:
- Case manage young people with complex needs aged 16-19 years old who are living in the community. As the organisation's specialist in delivering youth outreach support, you will be critical in helping to design the model of support which will ensure young people maintain sustainable accommodation and end homelessness for this group.
- In addition to case managing the young people accessing the service, you will also line manage the Flexible Outreach Team (a team of 11 support workers) to ensure a service is available to the clients on a 24 hour and 7 day per week basis.
A full copy of the Job Description is available upon request.
- Third level qualification (diploma/degree) in social work, youth and community work, housing advise or equivalent; AND 3 years' recent full time paid experience of managing services supporting young people with complex needs in a community setting or similar environment.
- Five years' recent full time paid experience of managing services supporting young people with complex needs in a community setting or similar environment.
- Your experience must include demonstrable evidence of managing services for clients presenting with at least three of the following:
- Mental health problems
- Drug and alcohol issues
- Challenging behaviours
- History of offending
- Youth homelessness
- Two years' experience of budget management and responsibility.
- Two years' recent experience of managing and supervising staff within a similar setting.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a case management approach with homeless young people.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting staff in practice development and implementation of models of practice.
- Ability to broker relationships with services and develop pathways to enable young people to make and sustain positive change.
- A good working knowledge of housing, health and social services legislation and services for vulnerable young people.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
- Hold and maintain Northern Ireland Social Care registration once in post.
*ONLY CANDIDATES WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED*
You will receive a superb package that includes
- A salary of £25,646
- Health Benefit package
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Enhanced Sickness, Maternity/Paternity Entitlements
- Access to a complete range of accredited and non-accredited training programmes for personal and professional development
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland