Temporary Zoo Crew required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 30 - 37 hours per week
Duration: Weekly basis for 6 months pending review
- To deal with visitors entering the relevant site, signposting, providing venue information, conducting tours, receiving fees for admission and to participate in all zoo wide promotions.
- To promote and process membership schemes, including issuing and re-issuing membership cards and maintaining the database.
- To carry out all duties required in the souvenir shop including selling goods, re-stocking maintaining stock levels to satisfy customer needs, receiving and checking goods inwards, signing delivery notes pricing and merchandising as required. To ensure service and stock levels maximise sales and comply with Trading Standard regulations
- To carry out regular stock checks and providing accurate information to management as required. Conducting basic analysis on sales trends to help with stock replenishment.
- To maintain cleanliness levels on the site. Removing waste, emptying bins in public and staff areas, and disposing of packaging and other materials from the Visitor Centre and adjoining administration building in accordance with council procedures.
- To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team throughout all parts of the site; for example, the sweeping, mopping, polishing, litter picking and other relevant duties, of all public and staff areas, and toilets. To operate and use mechanical and electrical cleaning and polishing equipment.
- To assist and take part in the organisation of promotional campaigns, events and activities. To assist in the preparation of display material for exhibitions and education projects
- To undertake general and specific labouring duties as directed, for example, dismantling, maintenance and storage of seating.
- To demonstrate use of mobility scooters and record appropriate documentation.
- To provide administrative back up to the shift supervisors and other relevant zoo staff.
- To be responsible for allocated cash floats and the operation and cashing up of allocated tills and reconciliation of cash at point of sale in accordance with council procedures. To perform appropriate end of day procedures.
- To act promptly upon all comments / complaints in a positive and friendly manner and in accordance with council procedures
- To administratively assist with first aid, recording accident or incident details, filling out accident or incident reports, recording accidents and reporting all incidents to management through appropriate channels.
- To carry out all work in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and all council policies and regulations
- At least one year's relevant experience dealing with enquiries and cash handling on behalf of customers and general cleaning duties
- The ability to work as a member of a team and on their own initiative.
- An understanding of the principles of customer care and the ability to respond appropriately to the needs of customers.
- Effective communication with the ability to provide information and advice to other members of staff and the general public.
- A basic understanding of the health and safety responsibilities attached to the post to ensure the safety of other employees and members of the public.
- A good standard of literacy
- Good numerical skills with the ability to undertake cash reconciliations, numerical computation and manual stock taking duties
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.