Grafton Technology is currently recruiting for a Level 2 IT Services Engineer
Over the last two years the client has grown significantly as they have won a series of major contracts with organisations across the UK and Ireland. What sets them apart from other consultancies is that they have some of the most talented people, including IT engineers, sales professionals, and project managers in Northern Ireland.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING…
Provision of support, both remotely and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.Other relevant and appropriate activities as required.
- Experience with VDI Rollouts
- An understanding of the Citrix Virtualisation technology suite Supporting and maintaining XenApp server farms.
- Windows Server technologies (Active Directory Group Policies, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Certificate Services etc).
- Supporting and maintaining XenDesktop sites, services, components and Desktops
- Supporting and maintaining Citrix Provisioning Services workloads.
- Linux and/or XenServer experience particularly in virtualising high end graphics
- An understanding of Datacentre virtualisation technologies (VMware ESXi, XenServer, SAN technologies, Converged Infrastructure etc).
- An understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall etc).
- Supporting and Maintaining Cisco UCS
- Basic PowerShell & scripting
Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base. This includes evaluating customer needs, installing new computers and software, and troubleshooting computer problems.
Training and Development
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, the successful candidate will also be expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on his/her areas of responsibility. This open opportunity for skill-set development is backed up by company sponsored training courses and industry certifications.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Dominic McCann at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.