Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require an Accountant to start approx. mid-June for 3 to 6 months with possibility of extension
Pay rate: £17.91 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday- Friday
- Successfully completed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies listed below:
a) the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
b) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
c) the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
d) the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
e) the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
f) the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
- At least one years' post qualification* experience of preparing financial and/or management accounts, for a public, commercial or voluntary sector organisation on an accruals basis;
- At least one years' experience of maintaining and developing core** IT financial and/or management accounting systems.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administration of the internal budgetary control process;
- Providing high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information both internally and externally as required. This includes the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Supervising monthly accounting procedures, including VAT returns, bank reconciliations, and an accounts payable process. This will also include the preparation of monthly accruals journals;
- Maintaining the current Fixed Asset Register (Microsoft excel spreadsheet is currently used) and assisting with the implementation of a new computerised asset management system
- Reconciliation of a number of key balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis;
- Productions of various ad hoc reports in Microsoft excel using pivot tables and Vlookup formulae.
- Review of financial control systems to ensure they are adequate and up to date.
- Line management of the book-keeping team;
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**Please note the closing date for this application will be Friday 2nd June at 12 Noon**