Our client based outside of Portadown requires an Accounts Assistant for 20 hours per week (worked over 4 days)
- To administer all aspects of the Purchase and Sales Ledger procedures.
- To prepare lodgements and ensure that all cash received is recorded and posted to accounts software on a regular and timely basis.
- To ensure that effective Credit Control is maintained, by regular review of Debtors Balances and pursuit of any debts not settled within due date.
- To distribute petty cash and to ensure all receipts/payments are correctly authorised and accurately posted to accounts software.
- To ensure that all cheque and direct debit payments are recorded accurately on a timely basis.
- To assist with bank reconciliations and other balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- To check numerical accuracy and correct authorisation of staff Travel claims.
- To maintain Time Management analysis.
- To assist with the Payroll process.
- To assist with grant applications and reconciliations.
- To assist with general administrative duties as and when required
- To carry out other relevant tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures including Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths & English
- At least 1 - 2 years experience in a similar accounts environment
- Proven experience in the application of Sage Line 50 computerized accounting package
- Good working knowledge of microsoft office, including Excel
- Excellent administration skills
- Clean driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Enthusiasm and drive
- Team player
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Claire on 02838353335 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org