Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require an Accounts Payable Administrator to start ASAP for duration of 12 months for their Belfast Office
Pay rate: £8.40 per hour
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
The key Accounts Payable functions are processing invoices, payment of these invoices on receipt of valid approvals, processing and payment of all non-industrial travel claims, twice weekly BACS runs and weekly computerised cheque runs and the daily printing of purchase orders. Within this remit the post holder will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate, prioritise and schedule work as required to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Plan tasks to be completed and work with the team to ensure timely completion of same.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision, whilst maintaining a keen involvement within the team.
- Follow up with financial systems team as regards systems issues related to Oracle, Db Authorise, and Transfare.
- Query instances where policy and controls are not being met e.g. valid approvals for invoices and non-compliance of travel claims.
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The successful role holder will be expected to undertake tasks to support the activities of the section and will perform a key role in the achievement of objectives for Accounts Payable within the organisation.
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) or above at Grade A-C, to include English and Maths.
- At least 2 years' experience gained of working in a Finance/Accounting environment
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and to effectively plan, prioritise workload making the best use of time and resources.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation.
- The ability to form and maintain effective relationships with key contacts internally and externally including suppliers and systems partners.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Experience in a customer interface environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Accounts Payable process
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Angela Black will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.