Scientific Officer (Microbiology) required on a temporary basis for large Public Sector Client based in Londonderry
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Laboratory Microbiological Manager to forecast the use of resources.
- Identify resource requirements, and make recommendations to the Laboratory Microbiological Manager.
- Recommend levels of maintenance for equipment used.
Customer Relationship Management
- Deal with internal and external customers and address their concerns.
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance confidence in the data produced by the client's Laboratories.
- Communicate with suppliers.
- Carry out analysis within the agreed turnaround time to ensure regulatory compliance is met.
- Carry out analysis to the required quality standards to ensure ISO 17025 requirements are met.
- Ensure all results are recorded and transcribed accurately onto LIMS
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met.
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate on their CV
- A third level qualification in Microbiology
- At least 6 months practical experience working in a microbiology laboratory gained outside an undergraduate environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in microbiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
Please email cv's by 12noon on Tuesday 26th April
Successful candidates will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Check