Analytical Development Scientist - £25,000 - £33,000 (Fixed Term Contract)
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to have been retained by a major pharmaceutical manufacturer to source a number of Analytical Development Scientists to join their expanding organisation on fixed term contracts for up to 12 months.
- Reporting to the Associate Director you will work within a multi-functional team to perform the analysis of raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients and finished goods in accordance with documented analytical methods and to the appropriate test specification.
- To adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice and Health and Safety legislation at all times.
- To be familiar with good laboratory practice and all relevant procedures and guidelines applicable to the performance of general analytical work, the implementation of stability studies, the validation of analytical methods, etc.
- To maintain neat and accurate records
- To contribute to the writing of documentation, including procedures, protocols and reports, as required
- To communicate with the personnel across all sites, assisting in the co-ordination of project-specific analytical activities and liaising with external contractors as required
- To circulate data and results summaries in a timely fashion and to report unexpected results and failures promptly to senior personnel
- To participate in CMC team meetings and cross-departmental and/or cross-site meetings.
- Adhere to all Lean Laboratory Management systems eg Sample Tracker, Huddles
- Providing input into the systems and procedures to ensure the efficient running of the analytical department.
- To participate in the implementation and performance of ICH stability studies.
- To participate in analytical method development and method validation programmes as required, in accordance with the appropriate regulatory guidelines, and practical considerations to ensure that the method is robust and can be transferred to laboratories across all sites.
- To participate inter-laboratory method transfers.
- To perform routine and non-routine analyses, to participate in investigative work and in trouble-shooting, as required.
- To perform analytical work in accordance with documented analytical methods and procedures, evaluating the data to ensure that the information provided by the data is captured fully
- To efficiently review analytical data
- To participate in the calibration and maintenance of analytical equipment used within the laboratory, and to carry out training as required.
- To ensure that all bench reagents and volumetric solutions are prepared as described in documented procedures and that they have been standardised where necessary.
- Undertake any other duties, which may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Degree in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- IT literacy.
- Sound knowledge of chemistry.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in a cGMP laboratory environment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Practical knowledge of HPLC, UPLC, GC, DSC and LC-MS.
- Knowledge of analytical method development and validation.
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary, pension and health cover. For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.