Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Analytical Microbiologist until 31st March 2017 with possible extension for £12.07 per hour.
Pay rate: £12.07 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager Microbiology within Analytical Services section. This section is responsible for the collection and analysis of water, wastewater, trade effluent, sludge and soils. The work covers a wide range of determinands and includes trace metals, organics, general pollution indicators nutrients and microbiology.
At a time of significant change and new challenges this post offers a real challenge and rewarding career development opportunities in a rapidly changing organisation and the post holder will be responsible for carrying out microbiological analysis.
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- A third level qualification in Microbiology
- At least 6 months practical experience working in a microbiology laboratory gained outside an undergraduate environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in microbiology.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to laboratories.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel.
- Be prepared to work flexible hours, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis
- A practical knowledge of water industry microbiological analysis
- At least 1 years practical experience working in a microbiological laboratory gained outside an undergraduate environment.
- Membership, (or working towards membership), of a relevant professional body
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Julie-Ann Johnston will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.