Temporary Asset Data Technicians required for Large Public Sector Client to start ASAP for duration of 2- 3 months
Role: Asset Data Technician
Pay rate: £12.07p/h
Location: Derry / Londonderry
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, Monday - Wednesday
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain water and wastewater; infrastructure and non-infrastructure asset data in the CAR within tight timeframes using CAR Editor Applications.
- Interpret complex information from various data formats (e.g. civil engineering drawings, asset data return forms, MapInfo tables and BUDI files).
Data Quality Control and Assurance
- Assess the integrity and quality of asset data returns against Code of Practice standards.
- Provide technical guidance and training to internal and external Data Suppliers.
- Identify and feedback issues with the quality of data returns to the Data Supplier.
- Comply with AIM Workbook procedures and contribute to quarterly reviews.
- Perform quality control on colleagues' work to identify errors in data entry.
- Assist with data quality assurance on the CAR data through data cleansing tasks.
CAR Services and Solutions
- Provide CAR services and solutions to internal and external Customers e.g. produce maps and data extracts as required.
- Assist with CAR project work.
- Deliver CAR system user training.
- User Acceptance Test (UAT) new/upgraded CAR systems.
- Assist the AIM Manager with embedding the Asset Strategy for Asset Data Sustainability Processes.
Manage Workload and Resources
- Plan, organise and prioritise work as allocated in forward job plans in the AIM Work Bank.
- Produce Key Work Update reports for monthly AIM team meetings.
- Perform Asset Data Return (ADR) tracking using the reporting tools available e.g. ADR dashboard and the AIM Work Bank.
- Represent AIM at meetings, forums, conferences and training courses.
- 3rd Level qualification (minimum HND or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Management, Data Management or related discipline;
- At least 6 months relevant and recent working experience in a similar role with an emphasis on data entry into a corporate system in a working environment, utilising established data entry procedures.
- At least 2 years relevant and recent working experience in a similar role with an emphasis on data entry into a corporate system in a working environment, utilising established data entry procedures.
- Experience with the asset base of a water and wastewater utility.
- Experience of maintaining an asset inventory.
- Competent in MS Office applications including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.