Sales Director - Asset Finance
This is an unique opportunity to join a specialist financial services group whose operations are focused on corporate clients, institutional investors and asset management clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the selling finance and add-on products within a geographically defined area and will report directly to the Regional Head of Sales.
The Sales Director plays a key role within the organisation and will have responsibility for generating new business and building on existing business within an agreed geographical area. The Sales Director will be responsible for financing assets and selling add-on products through direct sales activity, following up leads generated by marketing, initiating local marketing activity and actively sourcing new business opportunities using external agents/brokers.
The Sales Director will be required to sell well structured and profitable deals that comply with company and FSA regulations and the Treating Customers Fairly Initiative is fully adhered to.
The Sales Director may work from home.
Essential Experience required:
- Must be degree qualified
- Must have over 4 years experience within a similar role
- Must have previous knowledge of Asset Finance industry
- Target driven with proven track record
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Drive for generating business
- Full & Clean driving licence
*Candidates must be self motivated, target driven and possess strong inter-personal skills.
Sales & Business Development
- Proactively sources sales from within the allocated geographical location.
- Exceeds personal and team targets set through the financing of assets and associated insurance products.
- Is responsible to develop and maintain relationships with existing customers via telephone, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Prepares sales action plans to identify specific targets.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and identifies sales prospects.
- Prepares presentations, proposals, credit committee proposals to gain underwriters approval of the deal and sales agreements.
- Develops and maintain sales materials and keeps own product knowledge up to date.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Manages the client relationship through quality checks and other follow-up actions.
- Identifies and resolves client concerns.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Develop and implement special sales activities.
- Will represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Ensures the Treating Customers Fairly is initiative is fully promoted, implemented and adhered to.
- Ensures that all customer complaints are effectively managed and reported in line with the Treating Customers Fairly Guidelines.
- Is responsible to ensure that his/her administration is complete and in line with regulatory requirements and company procedure.
Arrears, Debt & Repossessions:
- Manages arrears, debt levels and repossessions to exceed the agreed targets.
- Ensures all business conducted compliant with regulatory obligations, including but not exclusively; FSA regulations, Corporate Legislation, Health & Safety and HMRC regulations.
- Cooperates with the central Compliance department and implements and adheres implements guidelines set.
- Ensures he/she operates within the context of the FSA regulations at all times and ensures the Treating Customers Fairly initiative is fully adhered to.
- The SD is responsible to ensure the products are marketed using the appropriate methods and route to market.
Planning and Organising:
- Effectively plans and organises his/her time and tasks to ensure that the sales targets are achieved.
Training & Development:
- Is required to attend and participate in training courses as and when requested, for both regulatory and personal development purposes.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package available with genuine career progression opportunities.