Our Client, a large public sector organisation require a temporary Assets Operator for a 3 month contract
Role: Assets Operator
Pay rate: £11.22 p/h
Duration: 12 weeks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Form an integral element of the Wastewater Services Operations Team i.e.:
- Process checks at delegated WwTWs (Waste Water Treatment Works)
- Process related pre-planned duties
- Dealing with reactive process faults/alarms
- Maintenance duties as required throughout area including low frequency non-process tasks
- Optimisation of wastewater assets including trouble shooting of faults
- Policy Implementation and participation - Operation of Mobile Work Management and Lone worker/confined spaces systems
- Provide operational cover for Assets Operator colleagues during absence periods
- Ensure good time management of personal day to day activities
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of team KPI's
- Perform to clear and agreed personal goals, provide regular feedback on performance against these goals and ensure performance appraisals are completed.
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered
- Responsible for active management and successful delivery of personal and career development plans
- Ensure knowledge of waste water treatment process by attendance at relevant training etc
- Finds opportunities to develop new ideas to solve problems or improve work practices and shares this information at Team Meetings and with Management.
- Maintain regular communication with:
- Field Operations, i.e.:
- Field Manager
- Process Technician
- Work Control (as instructed)
- WW Process Advice samplers (Waste Water)
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
- 2 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- A minimum of one years' experience working in operation and maintenance activities within the Utility Sector or Construction Industry OR A minimum of one years' experience in the operation and or / maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant or similar type treatment process in another Industry
- Basic knowledge and experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar.
- Applicants must hold a full current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland as successful applicants will be required to drive company vehicles.
- Be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work.
- Must be willing to participate in standby duties as well as a requirement to work overtime, including weekends and public and privilege holidays and provide cover for others when the need arises
- Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 20 miles travelling distance by public road to the geographical location specific to the post Annesborough WwTW (BT31 9NF)
Only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be considered. If interested please upload your CV to the Link and Laura Nixon will be in contact if shortlisted.