Assistant Accountant (AP) - Maternity Cover
Reporting to Financial Accountant
Attributes & Experience
The person will have good communication and interpersonal skills, will be able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision. The person will have a good working knowledge of MS Office, be familiar with financial software and banking on line applications. Ideally the candidate will have a number of year's experience working in a similar Assistant Accountants roles with experience of accounts payable and bank reconciliations.
Ideally will hold and Accounting Technicians Ireland or an Accounting and Business in Finance qualification.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices & credit notes
- Processing employee expenses
- Allocation of direct debits
- Creditor reconciliations
- Monthly payment run
- Accruals preparation
- Managing purchase orders and ensuring compliance with purchase order policy.
- Bank reconciliations x two accounts.
- Company debit/credit card co-ordination.
- Car park reconciliations to balance sheet, raising and issuing of monthly collection fee invoices.
- Bi monthly VAT returns and reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of refunds from CRM to bank statements.
- Managing customers including invoicing, reconciliations and applying tolls and charges to customer's accounts on the CRM.
- Supporting Financial Accountant in ad hoc tasks and budgeting and reforecasts.
Hours of work - 37.5 hours (between 8am and 6pm)