Assistant Business Analyst
Airport Road West
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Business Analyst for the largest energy provider in Northern Ireland on a permanent basis.
To assist in the daily operations. Business in the areas of gas transportation services, including application of Network Code processes, facilitating supply competition and regulatory affairs.
- Participate in a 3 year development programme specifically designed for this role that will assist with:
- Development of analytical skills and techniques,
- Gas industry operational knowledge,
- Development of communication skills, and
- Improving performance in the role.
Financial rewards will be offered upon successful completion of the different development programme modules. In addition the candidate will progress to the position of Transportation Services Analyst at the end of the programme.
- To develop a working knowledge of Network Codes and gas transportation network operations within Northern Ireland.
- To facilitate the accurate and timely delivery of information to Gas Suppliers, the Utility Regulator and other gas network operators to meet Network Code and industry requirements.
- To assist and support the Transportation Services Manager in the area of operational regulation.
- To assist and support the Regulatory Manager in the area of strategic regulation.
- Assist with administrative duties, in particular for Supply Competition activities as directed by the Transportation Services Manager.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to our clients corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the organisation
- £15,000 - £17,000 DOE
- 37.5 Hours per week - 8.30am-5pm Mon -Thurs; 8.30am-4.30pm Friday.
- Parking available
- On site canteen, toilets and showers.
- Graduate from a numerate or business related discipline or alternatively educated to A' level standard with experience in a relevant business environment.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working with and development of databases
- Post qualification experience in an analytical business environment
- Knowledge of a regulated utility industry, in particular the gas sector
- Knowledge of Network Codes
- Strong analytical and numerical Skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage work load to meet deadlines
- The ability to work independently with a methodical approach in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to operate in a professional and confidential manner at all times
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you would like to discuss this Assistant Business Analyst role in more detail please contact Katie Doyle now on 02890 242824.
*** Please note that if you do not meet the essential criteria you will not be considered***