Our client, a large public sector organisation, is currently recruiting an Assistant Community Development Officer.
Location: East Belfast
Duration of Contract: 2 weeks starting 24th July 2017
Hours/week: 24 (shifts negotiable)
- To be responsible to the Community Development Officer for the programming, organisation and development of activities for groups within and outside council community centres, contributing to the work of a community development team within both the designated area and city wide.
- To co-ordinate and integrate the service work in the promotion of community development, equality of opportunity and the promotion of good community relations.
- To initiate and assist local groups or organisations, through community development, to meet their objectives
- be available between 24th July and 4th August
- have at least five GCSE's (Grades A - C) including English, or equivalent qualifications;
- be able to demonstrate at least one year's relevant experience, gained in the workplace, in at least four of the following six areas:
- organising and developing community development programmes of activities;
- recruiting and supervising volunteers;
- developing and maintaining good working relationships with external organisations in relation to assigned initiatives;
- providing administrative support to a team or committee, including the preparation of reports;
- identifying funding sources and assisting in securing funding; and/or
- delivering training to groups.
If you are interested in the above role and meet all essential criteria please submit your CV via the link