Our client a large Public Sector organisation require a temporary Play Worker until the end of August 2017 to cover various locations throughout the city
Job Role: Assistant Playworker
Duration: July & August 2017
Pay Rate: £9.37p/h
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- To implement and evaluate a programme of play activities to promote the social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development of children and to work in the interest of children at all times, in accordance with their ages and stages of development as directed by the play-worker.
- To contribute to promoting and maintaining a safe, inclusive and child centred environment.
- To contribute to the health, well being and protection of children from abuse by adhering to the relevant child protection policies.
- To be responsible for the safety and well being of children while in the confines of the play project and during all organised activities outside the play environment.
- To establish and maintain stable relationships with children, parents, voluntary workers, agency workers and other relevant stakeholders within the remit of the play project.
- To assist in maintaining a safe child centred environment.
- To keep the play-environment clean and tidy and maintain equipment safely.
- To contribute as required to ensuring the health and safety of staff and public within the play-environment.
- To administer first aid as required.
- To act as a key-holder for the premises out of hours.
- To deputise for the Play Worker as and when required within the post-holder's sphere of responsibility.
- To prepare and arrange materials and resources for children's use.
- To assist in organising and creatively implementing special programmes, projects, festivals and seasonal play-schemes.
- To contribute to play-work development strategies and policies in co-operation with the Play Worker and Play Development Officer.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may, from time to time be required
Applicants must demonstrate on their CV
- have an NVQ Level II in Play Work, Child Care or equivalent qualification; and
- be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, that they have at least one year's relevant experience of working with children in a community play setting.
If interested and meet all the essential Criteria please upload your CV to the link provided and Sinead McGivern will be in touch if shortlisted
Please note the Successful Candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI at a cost of £33.00