Temporary Assistant Project Manager required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially for 3 months
Mon-Fri = 37 hours per week
- Responsible for the provision of advice, design and cost management services and technical support.
- Assist with the procurement and establishment of service delivery agreements for consultants of all disciplines and prepare all appropriate tender and contract documentation.
- The co-ordination, management and monitoring of contracts and service delivery agreements for consultants/external project teams and ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled in line with service contract management guidelines.
- Assist with the preparation, review and revision of project implementation plans as necessary throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead the development of effective project briefs, in conjunction with project sponsors and project managers, and the co-ordination and integration of the work of the consultants attached to design teams.
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must have a full, current driving licence which enables the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
Applicants must also have either:
- have a relevant third level qualification in a construction related subject or equivalent qualification and be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least one year's relevant experience in a leading construction project management role representing the client's interests in the delivery of building projects. This work experience must include one year's relevant experience in the practical application of each of the following areas:
- be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least two years' relevant experience in a leading construction project management role representing the client's interests in the delivery of building projects. This work experience must include two years' relevant experience in the practical application of each of the following areas:
- management of construction projects under the NEC3: Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC) gained through undertaking the role of Project Manager, or as the client representative directly managing consultancy design teams;
successfully delivering significant construction projects from inception to completion; and
building design quality issues; and preparing construction project budgets and expenditure plans and managing project accounts within approved parameters.
If you are interested in the role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS MONDAY 11TH JULY AT 5PM**