Assistant Store Manager
Grafton Sales and Marketing are recruiting for an excellent opportunity with a leading brand that will provide the next step in your professional career for the role of Assistant Store Manager. There are 2 positions- one in Belfast and one in Carrickfergus. The Assistant Store Manager will Ensure a high standard of customer service is adhered to within the Decorating Centre at all times and deputise for Store Manager in their absence in order that all daily tasks and functions are completed and maintained in line with company standards and objectives.
* Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability
* Deputise for Store Manager in all operational and staffing issues, and delegate responsibilities to staff accordingly to maintain the smooth running of the Decorating Centre
* Perform the banking of all monies within the branch when deputising for Store
* Manager to ensure branch security and customer account flow
* Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to within the branch in line with statutory legislation and Company policy
* Provide training to all new and existing staff as directed by the manager to ensure a good standard of skills transfer and maintain a high level of customer service
* Oversee and be accountable for stock, which enters or leaves the premises, and to report any discrepancies with the correct paperwork to ensure all Company procedures for stock in and out are adhered to
* Maintain computerised and manual record system relating to orders, payment, inventory and stocktaking to ensure optimum stock balance and financial security
* Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels
* Ensure a good standard of housekeeping within the Decorating Centre to ensure that the company standards are maintained which in turn will assist in the unhindered completion of tasks and functions and also assist in risk and accident prevention
* Ensure branch operating standards achieve the level of excellence required
* Daily contact with customers regarding stock enquiries, deliveries, pricing, product knowledge and general information
* Regular contact with suppliers regarding stock
* Good knowledge of Company products
* Ability to delegate
* Good understanding of Company Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) IT system
* IT literate, particularly keyboard skills
* Good communication skills
* Self motivated and ability to motivate others
* Previous experience in a retail or warehouse environment would be preferred but not essential
The successful Assistant Store Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, uniform, contributory pension scheme, healthcare after one year, and staff discount.
There are 2 Assistant Store Manager roles- one in Belfast and one in Carrickfergus.
If you would like to discuss this Assistant Store Manager job in more detail please contact Ross McConville now on 02890 242824.
If this Assistant Store Manager job is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other roles in Sales and Marketing please check out the Grafton website on;
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.