Location: County Down
Salary: 30k - 40k per annum, negotiable plus benefits and regular overtime.
Working hours: Continental 12 hour shifts initially before moving on to days (Monday to Friday)
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading Food/FMCG Manufacturing firm.
My client is a UK market leading, progressive production firm located in County Down. They have a current opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join their team with primary responsibility for technical care and upgrade of automated machinery on site. This is a full time, permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary and working conditions. With recent investment of over £25 million, the facility is regarded as one of the most automated across the Island of Ireland.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Automation Engineer will:
- The role requires someone with strong proven maintenance skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems), automated production environment, automated packaging environment or a machinery automation background and should have at least 4 years relevant experience in this field.
- The Automation Engineer position requires that the successful candidate will perform maintenance and support tasks on high speed automated equipment.
- You will need to demonstrate that you are self-motivated and that you can work on your own or as an integral part of a dedicated maintenance team.
- The person will have good analytical ability and have a broad based understanding of controls and software enabling them to shorten the proto-type stages of a project through both a design and hands on approach.
- A formal relevant technical qualification to at least level 6
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a technical field inclusive of Mech /Elec & IT
- The Automation Engineer will have a strong knowledge of automated and conveying systems
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in using a CMMS and working with PM programs
- Will have a competent level of understanding in the area of troubleshooting of PC's, PLC, pneumatic, mechanical, IT and electronic/electrical systems.
- Have strong analytical skills supporting fast and effective problem solving.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven ability in trouble shooting and recovering equipment in a dynamic environment.
The successful Automation Engineer will enjoy a competitive starting salary between £30,000 & £40,000 per annum depending on experience.
The Automation Engineer will ideally live within the County Down area however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Automation Engineers can apply but submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.