Automation Engineer (Maintenance)
Location: County Down
Working hours - Days (4 days on, 4 days off)
Salary: £34,000 plus company benefits
My client is a leading brand in the food manufacturing sector and one of Northern Ireland's most reputable companies. Due to recent investment in a "state of the art" automated production facility they have a vacancy for an Automation Engineer to join the business on a permanent, day shift basis.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- The role requires someone with strong proven maintenance skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems), automated production environment, automated packaging environment or a machinery automation background and should have at least 4 years relevant experience in this field.
- This position requires that the successful candidate will perform maintenance and support tasks on high speed automated equipment.
- You will need to demonstrate that you are self-motivated and that you can work on your own or as an integral part of a dedicated maintenance team.
- The person will have good analytical ability and have a broad based understanding of controls and software enabling them to shorten the proto-type stages of a project through both a design and hands on approach.
- A formal relevant technical qualification to at least level 6
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a technical field inclusive of Mech /Elec & IT
- Have a strong knowledge of automated and conveying systems
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in using a CMMS and working with PM programs
- Will have a competent level of understanding in the area of troubleshooting of PC's, PLC, pneumatic, mechanical, IT and electronic/electrical systems.
- Have strong analytical skills supporting fast and effective problem solving.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven ability in trouble shooting and recovering equipment in a dynamic environment.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333