Our client in the Magherafelt area are looking to recruit a Band 3 Clerical officer to join their team on a full time temporary basis
Hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Friday
Duties will include:
- Act as receptionist for the department when required .
- Making appointments and controlling the appointment system
- To undertake safety list on a daily/weekly basis.
- To check on a daily basis that recommendations are acted upon by the referrer.
- Input and extract information from system
- Open, sort and distribute mail
- Dealing with queries from other staff from within and outside the department relating to appointments etc
- Dealing with enquiries ensuring preservation of confidentiality at all times.
- Escalating complaints and other issues to the relevant manager
- Participating in the induction and training of staff and monitoring their progress / development in liaison with the relevant Team Leader.
- Helping to maintain a high standard of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation and Policies
- Be familiar with the rules and regulation applicable to a department.
- Treating each patient / staff member as an individual in terms of courtesy, confidentiality, kindness and sympathy
- To keep the work place environment clean and clutter free.
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade as directed by relevant Team Leader
5 GSCE's at Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths and English + 1 years relevant experience.
GCSE English and Mathematics PLUS 2 years administrative/clerical experience
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure .
Work as a team member
Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Flexible working to include evenings / weekends and Bank Holidays when required
Current full driving licence.
Access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
This is an immediate start