Beach Caretaker (2 x Posts)
Post 1 - 37 hours per week (11.30am - 7.30pm Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri & 12 noon - 7.30pm Thurs) Post 2 - 15 hours per week (11.30 am - 7.30 pm Sat & Sun
Location: Cranfield Amenity Site
Duration: Temporary from 23 June 2017- 3 September 2017
The postholder will be responsible for maintaining a high level of general cleanliness, general maintenance and upkeep; ensuring a friendly and efficient service to the public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of amenity and beach , including checks on equipment, litter collection patrols, cleansing of public building, pathways, car parks, slipways, toilets, signage and assisting higher graded operatives in their work.
- Patrolling the managed facilities to ensure protection of property and that Council bye-laws are enforced.
- Day to day maintenance of the facility, car park, signage, including toilets, shower block and play areas, and ensuring a high standard is maintained in these areas.
- Checking the safety of the facility and associated facilities prior to use by the public and, if required, recording details of checks carried out.
- Open and close the facilities and controlling traffic as required, and attendance at the facilities at all times when required.
- Enforce bye-laws and ensure good order is maintained at all times, and to ensure that appropriate report sheets are completed and that appropriate actions are taken in relation to any unauthorised activity on managed property.
- Complete a litter patrol of all managed facilities including the beach area.
- Working with / referral to appropriate officers with regard to general maintenance, breaches of bye-laws and any other issues relevant to the upkeep of the amenity.
- At least 6 month's previous work experience of cleansing duties in a working environment - Essential Criteria
- At least 6 months' experience working with members of the public - Essential Criteria
- At least 6 months' previous experience of patrolling and enforcement duties eg, car park, litter control - Desirable Criteria
- Experience of basic record keeping - Essential Criteria
- Good understanding of health and safety practice relevant to the post - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision - Essential Criteria
- Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness in accordance with specified requirements - Essential Criteria
- Hold a full current driving licence and access to transport, or access to transport to meet the requirements of the post* - Essential Criteria
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary post of the duration of the assignment, please submit your cv to email@example.com by Wednesday 21st June 2017 @ 12noon. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.