Our client, a large Public Sector organisation is currently sourcing a Temporary Bereavement Services Manager.
Role: Temporary Bereavement Services Manager
Hours of work: 37/week Mon-Thurs 8.30am-5pm, Fri 8.30am-4.30pm
Length of Contract: ASAP until mid Sept 2017
Rate of Pay: £21.26/hr
- To be responsible to the Assistant Director for the management of all aspects of the operation, use and maintenance of Cemeteries and Crematorium, to include the implementation of the Bereavement Strategy and associated policies and procedures.
- To manage the unit in accordance with the principles of performance management to ensure that the required standards of service quality are maintained at all times and are bench-marked against industry standards.
- To be responsible for the management and maintenance of the cemeteries, Crematorium and support services in accordance with available staffing and resources, in line with relevant legislation and with the agreed policies, procedures, financial regulations and standing orders.
- To oversee the capital developments within the service to ensure all operational requirements are reflected and delivers successful projects that contribute to the achievement of the department's strategic and corporate objectives.
- To be responsible for the management and maintenance of all statutory records and returns and to promote the use of genealogy.
- To be responsible for the management of the responsibilities under the Welfare Services Act for Public Burials.
- To ensure accurate and timely production of all information required for council or committee reports, official returns, statutory requirements and performance measurement
Applicants must have a relevant third level Management qualification i.e. Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium (ICCM) Diploma in Cemetery and Crematorium Management or equivalent.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate at least two years relevant experience in each of the areas listed below:-
- thorough knowledge, and application, of the legislation affecting burial and cremation to provide a high quality, sensitive and professional service;
- strategic management of an operational facility including the management of a range of frontline and support services such as finance, operational delivery, contract delivery and facilities management;
- experience of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and leading on all aspects of customer care within Bereavement Services and promoting best practice within the service.
If you are interested in this role, meet all essential criteria and are available immediately please upload your CV via the link