BID Manager - Business Improvement District Manager
BID (Business Improvement District) is a not-for profit organisation set up to deliver a 5 year business plan to 700 + stakeholders. The BID seeks to deliver projects, represent business needs and act as a point of contact to its stakeholders with an overall objective of improving the trading environment for local business and the BID area as a whole.
The is a senior Project Manager role to provide day-to-day management and leadership of the BID Company, working in association with all City centre agencies and service providers. The BID Manager will ensure that the BID Business Plan is delivered in a professional, transparent and cost effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accountable to the Board of Directors and undertake both operational and strategic projects
- Deliver the initiatives and services set out in the BID Business Plan
- Direct and manage the BID contracts and commitments
- Develop effective working relationships
- Seek and secure further funding opportunities
- Manage overall BID budget in line with financial control procedures
- Manage staff, Contractors and Partners
- Co-ordinate and manage Marketing
- Comply with appropriate legislation and policies
Personal Specification : Educated to third level degree in a relevant subject or 3 years relevant work experience.
Proven Work Experience in the following:
- Demonstrable commitment to providing an exceptional customer service culture.
- Experience of project and budget management.
- Evidence of knowledge and experience of both public and private sector activities in City centres.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a wide range of audiences (including ability to write clear and concise reports and presentations)
- An ability to prioritise and remain focused; to organise workloads of self and others with no daily supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse set of partners.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively present a business case to key stakeholders for recommending changes.
- Knowledge of company and financial legislation in relation to limited companies.
- Experience of dealing with the media and press.
- IT skills - ability to use and adapt a variety of Microsoft Office based and project management applications.
- Experience in marketing, event management or brand management, and have dealt with creative, design & marketing agencies.
- An awareness and understanding of the key issues facing City centres and ideally experience in the development or management of a BID.
- Knowledge and experience of the dynamics affecting the retail, leisure, office, public and other sectors that have an interest in the City centre.
- Ability to be able to analyse problems and adopt an innovative approach to finding solutions.
Salary / Hours of work:
- £30,000 - £35,000
- 37.5 hours - flexible working
If you meet all of the above criteria and wish to apply for this unique position, please contact Caroline at Grafton on 02830251808 in confidence, or email your CV to email@example.com