Grafton are recruiting for an excellent opportunity with a leading brand that will provide the next step in your professional career for the role of Branch Manager. You will drive and increase Sales within the Decorating Centre. Maintain a high standard of presentation, housekeeping and customer service within the Centre through efficient control of staff, products and resources to achieve company sales and profit targets and protect the Companies assets.
* Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability.
* Proactive management of the 'War Book,' on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximise share of wallet.
* Working with the District Operations Manager and Commercial Support Manager to control resources in line with budgeted costs to ensure Company profitability.
* Responsible for managing the Decorating Centre accounts within agreed company guidelines and policy to minimise the risk of potential bad debt.
* Ensure the store maintains and operates the EPOS system within Company guidelines regarding financial transactions, purchasing and stock control to ensure optimum stock balance, security and customer service.
* Ensure all administration is carried out in line with Company procedures to maintain optimum store operation and customer service, including management of staff rotas and absence planner.
* Ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained to ensure the Company is in line with legislation and to comply with Company policy.
* Provide training to all new and existing staff where necessary to ensure a good standard of skills transfer, increase store sales and maintain a high level of customer service. Coach and support staff where necessary to ensure the completion of company objectives and maintain a high level of customer service.
* Carry out recruitment and selection procedures in liaison with District Operations Manager and HR to ensure that staffing levels are maintained with suitable personnel.
* Maintain a high level of security and full compliance with Company policies within the Decorating Centre regarding stock, monies and premises and bank any monies on a daily basis to minimise the potential of theft, stock loss and damage to Company property.
* Plan & undertake stock take duties as directed by the District Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
* Ensure Decorating Centre operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
* Good knowledge and understanding of Company and competitors products.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, internal and external customers, external Reps and personnel.
* Good understanding of Company EPOS and IT systems.
* Excellent leadership, coaching and motivational skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
* Knowledge of Company Environmental, Health & Safety, Administration and Security procedures.
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own.