Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Building Control Officer based in Limavady
Role : Building Control Officer
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 37 hrs per work Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £13.56 13 weeks + £15.20
Main Responsibilities :
- Provide a high quality, effective and efficient Building Control Service to fulfil Council's statutory responsibilities for implementation and enforcement of The Building Regulations (NI) and The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) Regulations (NI) and allied legislation to ensure buildings are safe, healthy, accessible and sustainable.
- Responsible for the procedural and technical requirements of the Building Regulations, including the decision to issue rejection, approval and cancellation of applications within statutory / business plan timescales.
- Validate applications made under Building Regulations associated with Full Plans, Building Notices and Regularisation Applications.
- Assess plans and specifications against the functional and other requirements of The Building Regulations, using Technical Guidance, British Standard Codes of Practices and approved guidance from other jurisdictions etc., for domestic, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Responsible for both carrying out and recording of statutory and interim site inspections of building works and completed buildings and for the decision to issue completion certificates; thereby verifying substantive compliance with The Building Regulations.
- Provision of on-site technical advice to construction professionals and other Government agencies on Regulation compliance matters, including advice on 'Regularisation Certificate' applications for unauthorised work and 'Building Notice' applications not requiring approved plans.
- Plan, organise and prioritise workload to endeavour that all duties and tasks are carried out within the specified Central Government performance targets and departmental Business Plan performance targets and in accordance with departmental risk assessment 'Method Statements'.
- Provision of a pre-application consultation service to key stakeholders both internally and externally, covering a range of projects (including assisting the Building Control Manager/Senior Building Control Officer with projects of a complex nature) and including provision of advice and guidance on design solutions.
- Investigate and report unauthorised building works and non-compliant site works, assist in seeking remedial works to achieve compliance and assist Building Control Manager/Senior Building Control Officer as required with enforcement of contravention procedures and Court proceedings.
- Assist in collating evidence in accordance with PACE guidelines, assist in the preparation of prosecution reports and attending Court proceedings in regards to enforcement action and appeals under Building Regulations.
- Assist as required in the departmental response to major incidents and emergencies relating to Building Regulations, Dangerous Structures, Dilapidation's, etc.. both within and outside normal office hours.13. Attend as requested, Planning Appeal Commission proceedings to present relevant Building Control information.
- Carry out inspections relating to Building Regulatory complaints from the public, elected members and other statutory bodies, as requested by Building Control Manager/Senior Building Control Officer.
- Provision of procedural and technical advice to applicants and their consultant design team, including pre-consultation evaluation of design proposals against The Building Regulations and preliminary site inspections, aimed at achieving design compliance for the applicant in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Research, validate and respond to relevant enquiries on solicitors Property Conveyance Certificate applications using specialist software package and within an agreed time frame.
- Provide Building Regulations fire safety technical advice to other internal departments as required.
Essential Criteria :
- Possess a degree in a construction related discipline (such as Architecture, Building, or Civil / Structural Engineering
- Full corporate membership of an appropriate building related professional institution or association, such as RIBA, RICS (Building Surveyors Section), MICE,MI Struct E, ABE (Building Surveyors Section), or CIOB
- At least 2 years relevant experience within the last 5 years in a building / construction discipline.
- A working knowledge of current IT packages and competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Windows Application.
- Possess a working knowledge of the principles of building technology and current building techniques, their practical application and the ability to interpret working drawings and specifications.
- Possess the ability to ensure that buildings and associated works are constructed in accordance with Building Regulations.
- A current full driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link