Building Supervisor required on a temporary basis for a local Public Sector organisation based in Bangor £8.64 PH.
Role: Temporary Building Supervisor
Rate of Pay: £8.64 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Security of the Premises and its contents.Open and close the premises and grounds, except in circumstances where the employing designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person authorises another person to do so.
Attend outside hours break in, vandalism and emergency incidents at the premises and ensure that the premises are secure and cleaned at the earliest opportunity when clearance has been given and any unauthorised entry or damage is reported to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
Mechanical and Electrical Services
Efficient operation of the boiler/heating system ensuring value for money and energy conservation in accordance with the Libraries NI Policy.
Lighting and heating of the premises and the routine maintenance of plant including school meals accommodation where there are common services.Ensure adequate fuel is requisitioned in good time.
Monitor and document the usage of fuel, water and electricity.Replace lamps, tubes and plugs to a level of 3.35m using appropriate equipment, except where access from above can be gained.Inspect and report any defects on fire fighting equipment to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
Clean the premises.Plan, organise and control the work of Cleaning staff (if appropriate) to ensure that Libraries NI standards are met, it being understood that the Building Supervisor personally undertakes cleaning duties.
Plan periodic work in consultation with service users and report plans to the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person.
Recommend and implement changes in work procedures in accordance with the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person to improve economy, standards or ease of operation.
Monitor suitability and performance of materials and light equipment and advise the designated Line Manager or other Authorised Person where these are inappropriate for the task.Ensure that all hard surfaces and paths and ornamental grounds around the property are clean, tidy and free of litter.
Ensure that all external surface drains and gullies and kitchen grease-traps within the building complex are free flowing and clean by removing obstructions up to 3.35m.
Ensure that bins within the building complex are washed and cleaned.Empty on a daily basis litter bins within the building complex.
Provide an ongoing cleaning service to the entire premises to deal with such things as spillage, flooding, midday toilet cleaning, litter or any cleaning problem associated with weather conditions.Replenish toilet rolls, soaps, paper towels and any other requisites required throughout the working day.
Daily inspection of sandpits and removal of sand from fouled areas
Duties relevant to the grade as required, by the line manager.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience working as assistant building supervisor, caretaker or similar role in a medium/large building.
- Previous responsibility for security of building, opening/closing and keyholder duties.
- Knowledge of building cleaning methods and the use of electrical cleaning machinery e.g. floor polishing equipment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and practices e.g. COSHH and/or CHIP regulations
- The ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
- Experience in keeping and maintaining stock records.
- Experience as an Assistant Building Supervisor
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical services such as boiler/heating equipment and monitoring of fuel, electrical and/or water usage
Other Requirements and Constraints:
- Be able to work a mix of mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as required, both at base and in other premises as required.
- Have no criminal record which would prevent working with children or vulnerable adults.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Rachel Horner will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 09TH SEPTEMBER AT 12PM.
This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future.