Business Analyst, Root Cause Analysis
Our Client, a leading financial services provider is seeking a Business Analyst in Root Cause. This role is within the Chief Data Office and the contract will be based in Belfast.
In Data & Analytics, they have the task of pulling all of the bank's data into a single version of the truth. Our brief has been set by the highest levels of authority in the bank, and as such the work we do is high visibility and of huge significance. We have a big part to play in the bank's transformation, and we'll have a genuine impact on the wider goal of building a better bank.
As a Business Analyst you will:
You'll be working across the bank's functions and franchises to undertake root cause analysis into data quality issues, identifying solutions to ensure data is of high quality, and fit for purpose and within agreed time scales. This will include where key progress checkpoints are established, monitored, and controlled.
- Undertake a variety of business analysis activities to support project delivery
- Understand the problem statement and create the Terms of Reference (ToR) for the project
- Undertake analysis and identify the root cause of the problem with consideration of key data elements, golden sources of data, business outcomes, processes and systems
- Summarise and present analysis output, providing options and recommendations where appropriate
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose and deliver against business and programme requirements, adhering to controls set out in the Data Management policy
- Identify opportunities and quick wins applicable across the bank, to maximise income generation and budget efficiency-
What you'll bring
- We're looking for someone with previous experience in a business change environment - preferably within financial services - who has specific knowledge of data quality and data management processes and issues. You'll need a good understanding of business analysis or project management methodology and its practical application. You'll also need to be able to demonstrate you have excellent stakeholder management abilities. Your understanding and knowledge of bank wide internal processes and systems is.
We're also looking for:
Excellent MS Office skills Preferably, experience in business process redesign and operating model definition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Paula McClymont on 028 90 322022 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.