Business and Operations Unit Leader
Location: Co. Antrim
My client is one of Irelands leading and most reputable employers who operate within the food production and packaging industry.
Reporting to: Factory Manager
The Business Unit Leader will have full responsibility for leading the operations team within their unit to achieve the performance targets set by the Factory Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Evaluate, utilise, deploy and embed a range of continuous improvement and lean techniques to deliver best in class operational excellence which can be measured through the financial performance of the factory and in line with Profit Improvement Plans (PIP).
- Deliver on site PIP's and KPI's within budget.
- Drive health and safety within the unit
- Full accountability for technical KPIs
- Engage with Technical colleagues and cross functional leads
- Participate with Technical projects to ensure 'best in class' is always achieved.
- Deliver improved production efficiencies, namely output, quality, yield, labour utilisation, packaging and utilities and ensure factory variances are achieved within the specific area.
- Develop, train, coach and motivate the Unit Team and operatives in conjunction with the HR Department
- Drive best in class standards with all people matters
- Develop a culture were employee engagement and communication are promoted and actively delivered.
- Always lead by example demonstrating business values (Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Ownership, Sincerity, and Discipline).
- Develop and execute a specific unit improvement action plan so as to enhance business performance and become best in industry.
- 3 years experience in management within a FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of building successful teams.
- Proven strong organisational and planning ability
- Performance driven with a proven record of success in the FMCG environment.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 3rd level Education
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda on 02890 323333