Business Development Manager - Property Development
The Business Development Manager is a new role for this particular City Centre based office and the main purpose of the role is to secure new business by building the market position. You will therefore locate, develop, define, negotiate and close business relationships in order to increase revenue and profit.
The main tasks include:
- Successfully growing new business
- Promote the company and generate new business
- Utilise contacts from within the industry to generate leads and new business
- Identify opportunities through research including market reports, events and publications
- Ensuring this is tracked regularly and including cold calling and weekly progress reports
- Escalate and resolve issues within opportunities
- Close new business deals by coordinating effectively
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure all is dealt with in an effective manner
My client, based in Dublin City Centre, focus on the provision of finance to property developers and investors in the greater Dublin area. Their expanding Dublin office are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their investment team. With a number of years' experience in the property/construction industry and contacts to utilise, you will be required to generate and develop new business opportunities for the team, supporting the Head of Investment.
My client have been working on developing a global investment firm concept focused on small and middle market companies. Their capabilities range from private equity to complementary businesses that build on their knowledge, relationships and strengths to provide enhanced value to our partners and the companies in which they invest, and other key stakeholders.
Thoughtful about their growth, entering new markets and businesses where we believe they build on their areas of strength, intellectual capital, industry relationships and where attractive companies exist to further broaden our assets base.
Their expanded focus encompasses exciting and growing areas like real estate, growth equity investments, venture lending, private equity investing and various opportunities.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in the Property industry, at min - senior level and with contacts which they can utilise and build on.
*Only suitable candidates will be considered for this role
The individual must also have the following skills:
- Driven, enthusiastic and tenacious
- A well-rounded knowledge of the property market at a commercial level
- Strong sales negotiation background
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Detailed and organised, especially when it comes to report writing and research
- Existing relationships with developers, house builders, housing associations and industry professionals
- Territory management
- Target driven
- Overall professionalism