Business Services Assistant
9 month maternity contract
Grafton Recruitment is working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry to recruit for a Business Services Assistant for a 9 month maternity cover contract. Located in Belfast City Centre, the NI Chamber is a customer-focused membership organisation with over 1200 members including corporates, small to medium enterprises and micro businesses.
The role of the Business Services Assistant is to work as part of a team providing support in the promotion, planning and delivery of NI Chamber's schedule of programmes and events and to ensure associated tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with Events experience to work in a fast paced environment with great exposure to Commerce and Industry.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm - some flexibility will be required when attending events
- Assist in the organisation of events, including: promotion; planning; delivery; evaluation; and follow up
- Prepare invite lists specific to particular events and where appropriate, make phone calls inviting target companies to attend events
- Prepare event packs, briefings, name badges and any associated materials according to NI Chamber event checklist
- Liaise with external suppliers, venues, designers, printers, photographers in support of the events
- Provide support in ensuring each event runs smoothly providing high level of customer service
- Provide diary management support to the Chief Executive
- General office admin tasks as required
- Perform duties to the standards laid down in specific quality standards such as ISO 9001 procedure as per NI Chamber's procedure manual
- Assist in the delivery of the overall NI Chamber strategy
- Undertake any other duties required, as directed by the Chief Executive of NI Chamber
- At least one years' experience in organising events
- Educated to degree level, or 5 years recent relevant experience in busy office environment with 5 GCSEs including English Language & Maths Desirable
- Experience of working in an environment providing support services to local business
- Experience in a project planning/administration role
- Experience of diary management/supporting a Chief Executive Personal Criteria
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to complete tasks to a high standard
- Willingness to work flexibly and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
- Generous annual leave
- Competitive salary
- City centre location
Why use Grafton?
We understand that finding the right job for you can be challenging. We also understand that it is time consuming and can be frustrating. Grafton Recruitment offer both temporary and permanent job solutions to a variety of clients in a diverse range of sectors. With over 30 years of experience in offering employment solutions, we have a level of expertise you can rely on. Let us take the stress away and do the hard work for you.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV here or contact Ciara at Grafton for more information on 02890895824.