Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Business Support Assistant to start ASAP
Role: Business Support Assistant
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £9.37p/h
Hours: 20 hrs per week
- Provision of a comprehensive and confidential clerical and administrative support service to the Director, Head of Amenities, Works Supervisor and to the Amenities Function.
- Responsible for the supervision and co ordination of caretaker duties and work rotas, liaising on specific booking requirements, annual leave and sick leave cover and the authorisation of time sheets.
- Responsible for purchase order processing including checking invoices, reconciling same and preparing documentation for authorisation of payment for goods and services for Head of Amenities.
- Receiving and registering complaints and answering queries from the general public on any matters within the remit of the service.
- The operation and maintenance of a wide range of computer software packages within the service.
- Initiate and maintain records on all bookings, income and usage at Clients facilities within the Directorates area of responsibility.
- Responsible for processing works orders i.e. ground and building maintenance, football pitch bookings to the works supervisor, using email system set up.
- Provide reception duties at Directorate reception including dealing with the public, receiving telephone calls, handling income all of which to be carried out in a courteous manner.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's ( Grades A - C ) or equivalent, which includes English and a numerate subject e.g Maths, Accounts, Bookkeeping, etc... plus at least 2 year's experience within an office environment which has included general administrative/secretarial duties.
- Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualifications may be considered provided that can demonstrate at least 4 year's experience as detailed above.
In addition to the above applicants must possess :
- RSA/OCR Stage II (Parts 1 and 2) in Word Processing, or equivalent
- RSA/OCR Stage II (Parts 1 and 2) in Typewriting, or equivalent together with at least 6 months working experience in an Office environment.
- Be able to demonstrate at least 6 months experience in undertaking general financial administration, e.g processing purchase orders checking and reconciliations of invoices and preparing documentation for payment.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.