Our Client a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Business Support Assistant 2 days per week based in Ballycastle
Role : Business Support Assistant
Location : Sheskburn Ballycastle
Hours of work : 14.8hrs per week/ 2 days
Length of Assignment : 2 Years
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £7.50p/hr 13 weeks + £9.37
Main Responsibilities :
- Provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative service for the Programme to include compiling letters, mail-merge, memos, forms, reports, public notices, tenders, specifications, flyers as necessary.
- Maintain filing/records management in line with the Council's Retention and Disposal Schedule. Ensure filing is carried out regularly.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care across the Programme with participants including receiving enquiries and complaints. Process same and direct to appropriate Officer for action or provide advice as appropriate.
- Maintenance and updating of ICT systems/databases including associated tasks.
- Obtain quotations, process purchase orders, and code and prepare invoices for payment; check costings against tenders and quotations, check calculations. Liaise with Government Auditors re accounts and invoices.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, take minutes and distribution of same.
- Assist with the preparation of events, meetings and functions including booking of rooms, administration, catering, recording participants and any other associated duties.
- Prepare and maintain financial and statistical spreadsheets/ databases for reports and claims and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collate contract documentation for tendering purposes.
- Maintain departmental records/registers and statutory registers held in the Directorate.
- Review and maintain Council's website information relating to the Programme as required.
- Open, process, distribute and record mail.
- Maintain supply of stationery for use within the Programme.
- Maintain effective communications and liaison within the Community Development section and Community & Culture Service Area in order to deliver the service within the Directorate.
- Build positive relationships with other staff and colleagues.
- In all areas of work promote a positive image of the Council.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
- 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) including English and Maths, or equivalent.
- One years' experience working in a busy office environment to include all the following: general administrative duties, dealing with the public.
- A current full driving license valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Offices packages in particular, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Outlook and Powerpoint.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.