Our client, a large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Buyer within their procurement department.
Pay rate: £12.07p/h
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Ensure that all tendering activity complies with EU Procurement Directives, the Utilities Contracts Regulations and clients's procurement policies and procedures, including procurement quality management system;
- Undertake ISO 9001 internal audits;
- Undertake compliance checks on tenders and contract extensions.
- Provide guidance and support to relevant key stakeholders in the preparation of tender documents against agreed timetables to ensure compliance with relevant standards;
- Challenge stakeholders as required to ensure compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations and procurement policies and procedures;
- Train internal stakeholders in tender evaluation and using eTendersNI.
- Support Category Managers in developing and implementing category plans.
- Participate in and support Category Councils as the designated Buyer.
Tender and Contract Management
- Manage contract extension activities within assigned portfolio;
- Manage tenders assigned by the category manager or senior category manager;
- Lead or support tender evaluation meetings;
- Ensure that procurement best practice is followed at all times, undertaking research to identify market trends, user needs and objectives, including data analysis;
- Ensure that tender requirements are set up on eTendersNI and that tender competitions are run for designated goods and service requirements within agreed timelines, assisting colleagues when required;
- Liaise with Finance Systems, Contract Management Team and other teams as required regarding the creation of catalogues; contract purchase agreements (CPAs) and ensuring contract documents are published on the relevant internal systems.
- Create contract summaries to ensure end users are advised on a timely basis of all contract awards, all contract extensions agreed and any in-term amendments to contracts;
- Set-up e-Auctions as required;
- Support the Category Managers with tender management activities for tenders above the OJEU threshold;
- Deal with day to day queries and issues on procurement matters.;
- Use project management principles to manage tender and contract extension activities;
- Manage a range of non-tender projects as required to deliver team objectives. This could include leading the implementation of a new system, designing training materials, researching new ways of working.
- Produce spend reports from Oracle, manipulate these within Excel as required to provide insight into spend categories using Excel data, formula and formatting tools.
- Assist in the compilation of statistical returns to Central Procurement Directorate (CPD), Department for Infrastructure (DfI) on all regulated and non regulated procurement activity both annually and on request;
- Accurately record and report on all procurement benefits on the VFM Toolkit and Benefits Tracker;
- Accurately maintain clients contracts monitoring database, eTendersNI and other data sources as required;
- Produce bespoke procurement reports as required.
- Representing Operational Procurement in cross-functional meetings and external meetings;
- Deputise for line manager or other colleagues as required;
- Providing procurement support to major incidents;
- Minute taking;
- Other duties as required by management.
- Experience of working in an environment controlled by ISO 9001; or working in an environment controlled by another quality management system where compliance to procedures is important and is monitored; or experience of working within the public sector.
- Experience of office administration, including; Completion of business forms; Obtaining approvals to (for example) business cases, contract award, contract extension or other business decisions; Maintaining databases accurately; Maintaining accurate records to demonstrate compliance with procedures; Completions of checklists to ensure key tasks are undertaken.
- Experience in providing advice, support or education to internal colleagues.
- Experience of scrutinising and challenging the work of internal colleagues.
- Experience of managing multiple concurrent activities / tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Experience of managing projects, achieving the objectives on time and to the required standards.
- Competent in using Microsoft software including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Candidates must have a high degree of competence with Excel and be able to use Excel for the purposes of data analysis. Candidates should explain in their application how they meet the Excel criterion, only candidates able to demonstrate the level of competence required in the role will be shortlisted.
If interested in this role please email CV to the link and Sinéad McGivern will be in touch if you are shortlisted
This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future