Salary: £25k to £30k plus competitive salary and benefits package
My client is one of Northern Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in their industry. They have a current opportunity for a Buyer to join their team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an "expert" within the business and effectively assist the company on a global scale.
- Becoming a strong and respected member of the local Northern Ireland Electronics team which is fully integrated to the Global team
- Representing the company at supplier meeting both internal and external as appropriate
- Travel to nominated trade fairs and vendor premises as and when deemed necessary
- Engaging Design and/or Process Engineers and develop excellent working relationships to achieve cost reductions related to product improvements and/or replacements
- Participation in local, European or global teams, as program Leader or team member for key cost reduction and/or improvement initiatives.
- Participation in the active sourcing and implementation of new technologies within the supply base
- Assisting in developing strategic supply base risk mitigation strategies for key supplier programs.
- Playing key role in working with supplier quality engineering to resolve issues in timely manner
- Ability to communicate expectations, audit supplier processes, develop and manage new suppliers and conduct periodic supplier reviews.
- Developing a challenging career path as part of an exciting and driven team
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years Supply Chain, Quality or Operations experience
- Passion and energy for learning about and improving the business
- Good problem resolution skills
- Proven negotiation results
- Goal oriented, self-motivated, decisive
- Organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker
- Flexible work schedule
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333