My client is one of Northern Ireland's most successful and innovative manufacturers and is a market leader in their industry. They have a current opportunity for a Buyer to join their team.
Working within the purchasing team and reporting to the Purchasing Officer, the post holder will be responsible for undertaking purchasing activities in support of daily business and involved in maximising savings.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Officer to ensure that all Subcontracts services and Materials are procured at the best value and quality and delivered on time
- Assist in the management of Purchasing Contracts & Agreements;
- Maintain records to ensure monitoring of suppliers' performance against agreed KPIs, supporting with development plans to address poor Supplier performance.
- Ensure that operations are working within the boundaries' and spirit of Purchasing Agreements aligned to customer requirements
- Work with Production and Purchasing Team to plan and co-ordinate logistics activity from the Suppliers
- Support Business Unit Leaders and Departments to achieve Customer requirements
- Liaising with Production department to ensure on-time receipt and product quality of supplier deliveries
- Ensure good communication with assigned suppliers, of both production and non-production consumables, and managing the ordering of the same.
- Understand the MRP system
- Developing market knowledge and contacts for new products and services; identifying potential suppliers/subcontractors and value engineering possibilities.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, two of which must be Maths and English.
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexible to the company requirements
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team but also to your own initiative
- A member of CIPS (or working towards becoming a member) or a willingness to undertake the CIPS course.
- Basic knowledge of engineering drawings and associated nomenclature
For more information please contact Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333