Grafton are recruiting for a Material Planning Analysts to join Caterpillar's facility in Larne, County Antrim. This is a contract assignment.
As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, resolving issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You'll work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. You will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborating with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
- Collaborating with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Planning for alternate manufacturing methods, and requiring the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functions both in- and outside of the company
- Analysing established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders
- Working closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control
- Analysing engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items
- Managing/performing supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Working with facility supply chain performance resources to implement supplier improvements based on supplier performance metrics
- Performing work to improve point of use material availability, providing leadership and guidance to teams applying root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve material availability and point of use availability
- Providing Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning, and actively supports facility Sales and Operations Planning
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
- Experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working to deadlines
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- General product knowledge
- College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
- Significant knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
Interested jobseekers who are meeting the essential criteria should apply with an updated CV, using the link at the side of this advert.
If you would like to discuss this Materials Planning Analyst job in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings on 02890242824. If this position is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am the procurement and supply chain specialist here at Grafton and am registering new jobs every day.
You must have a current, valid UK work permit to be considered for this job and only candidate's whose CV is meeting the criteria will be accepted.