TEMPORARY BUYER, DERRY
We have an urgent requirement for a Temporary Buyer. This is a temporary assignment for approximately 9 to 12 months responsible for performing a variety of procurement, planning and scheduling activities that will include meeting cost & delivery targets, inventory management, negotiation and completion of contractual documentation, supplier development, and compliance to expenditure budgets.
- Support the production, sales, marketing and distribution efforts of the company through the procurement of spares, capital equipment, facilities / services, tooling, capital construction projects / facility upgrades and inventory.
- Identify and achieve cost avoidance and reduction objectives of the company (on an individual, team and project basis.) Drive and supervise cost reduction activity to meet targets.
- Conduct negotiations (cost, terms and conditions) with Suppliers to achieve the optimum output for the Company including long-term contracts as appropriate.
- Enforce and adhere to purchasing policies and procedures in terms of competitive bidding, tendering etc. Ensure all site specific services are tendered in line with Corporate and site SOP requirements.
- Draft contracts for goods and /or services. Supervise, review and negotiate general contractual issues or problems with contracts.
- Interpret and analyse Supplier bids and quotations conducting cost analysis where necessary taking account of the Total Acquisition Cost.
- Analyse, review and finalise buyer sourcing decisions and price acceptance decisions (through tender review and signing PO's).
- Set and monitor supplier appraisal program ensuring adherence to schedule. Ensure Scorecard files are up to date and in order containing scorecard documents, supplier response, supplier goal and objective tracking sheet and any reviews.
- Interact and liase with all levels of management and relevant departments on their requirements in terms of delivery, service, quality, technical issues. Advise and communicate purchasing requirements. Work closely with Facilities, Engineering, Finance, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, IT, Sales, Marketing, Distribution and HR departments.
- Oversee the implementation of Just-in-Time purchasing, Vendor Managed Inventory, Kanban / consignment stock / Self-billing / evaluated receipt systems aimed at minimizing inventory and lead-time.
- Conduct internal audit on Purchasing policies and procedures to monitor compliance and ensure corrective actions and controls are put in place for non-compliance.
- Professionally ensure adherence to tender procedures, co-ordinate and participate in the Tender Review Committee in a fair and ethical manner while protecting the long-term interests of the Company. This involves obtaining bids, conducting a comparative bid examination, short listing, interviewing/auditing tenderers and awarding bids on basis of defined criteria based on price, service, and delivery.
- Obtain, analyse and interpret reports or graphs on spend and / or other purchasing activities including PO / commodity data when requested.
- Monitor adherence to incoterm/freight code compliance.
- Administer Purchasing card program through month end audits, cardholder applications, publish monthly metrics, upload and distribute data on monthly basis.
- Monitor past due order reports to ensure compliance with site requirements. Expedite overdue PO's and close PO's where necessary.
- Resolve invoice and delivery queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with Suppliers on issues of price, new product development, delivery, quality and general material requirements.
- Minimum HND in a related area (e.g. Business, Economics) or equivalent
- 2 years' experience in an administrative role where attention to detail is critical, ideally involving legal agreements, detailed pricing information, inventory management or audit compliance requirements.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Professional qualification/course of study in purchasing or supply chain field (e.g. CIPS membership)
- 2 years' experience in a purchasing related role
- Experience of contract management in a commercial environment
Please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.