Buyer (maternity cover) - Antrim - £23,000 - £26,000
Grafton Recruitment is working in partnership with a leading international manufacturing organisation to recruit an experienced Buyer to cover maternity leave at their site in Antrim.
Reporting to the Senior Buyer you will responsible for supporting the Purchasing Department in all aspects of the Purchasing function. Main duties will include:
- Ensuring that specified purchasing procedures are followed and appropriate accurate record are maintained
- Continually seek improvements in purchasing procedures and methods employed in line with the company's strategic growth plans
- Responsibility for supplier interface including contracting, auditing and analysis, selection/de-selection and development
- Ensuring adequate material sources
- Liaising with suppliers on a daily basis and developing strong supplier partnerships
- Liaising closely with all relevant departments as required
- Managing material costing and all associated material aspects on nominated customer programs
- Working closely with the Materials Control Department in assuring the timely supply of materials into the company
- Minimum of 2-3 years similar recent experience in a purchasing role
- Must possess a third level education
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer literacy including MS Office.
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Ability to organise and manage purchasing activities
- Purchasing qualification
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in high volume manufacturing environment
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.