Buyer - £20,000 - £24,000 - Antrim/Down
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with an internationally renowned manufacturing organisation in their search for a Buyer to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager the position requires a dynamic self-motivated individual for the efficient and timely purchasing of components and miscellaneous items to agreed deadlines.
* Support the NPI RFQ process on procurement of value for money components
* Identification of new supply chain sources to maintain competitive supply sources and reduce cost wherever possible
* Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders on suppliers.
* Progressing/expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries.
* Monitoring supplier performance.
* Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with MRP and manufacturing requirements.
* Developing systems within the purchasing department.
* Liaising with suppliers and internal department managers.
* Developing/maintaining current ISO standards.
* Assist Tactical Purchasing in the procurement of direct/indirect materials.
* A minimum of 5 passes at GCSE or equivalent (must include English and Maths).
* Minimum 1 years' experience in a similar Buyer/Procurement role
* Experience in identification of new supply sources
* Experience with using an MRP system
* Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
Skills & Competencies:
* Be computer literate and demonstrate competence on MS Excel and Word.
* Ability to work proactively and on own initiative.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
* Strong analytical, planning and organisational abilities.
* Effective time management skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise in a constantly changing environment.
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link