Windows CAD Designer - £20,000 - £30,000 - Portadown
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with a leading local construction company, which specialises in supply and installation of windows and doors across public and private sectors clients, councils, developers and main contractors. Over the last few years they have seen a steady increase in business demands and as such have identified a need for an additional CAD Designer to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Product Manager your primary role will be to liaise with the commercial sales, product and installation teams to ensure the efficient design, detailing and ordering of aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling on construction projects.
* Preparing designs and details for aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling within the building structure
* Liaising with Sales, Product Delivery and Install teams to prepare designs of windows, doors and curtain wall screens for manufacture and ordering
* Creating design details using CAD for clients, architects and specifiers
* Optimising 'the design look', functionality, mechanical strength, thermal and acoustic performance, value engineering, 'manufacturing', cost and product life cycle
* Ordering components and dealing with suppliers
* Using knowledge of Aluminium systems: Logical, Reynapro, and AutoCAD software to create designs
* Using knowledge and skills to convert design to order
* Supporting the Installation team in scheduling deliveries and responding to alterations or completion deadlines.
* Influencing and impacting to ensure project responsibilities are regularly communicated and coordinated with Project Manager
* Liaising with customers and using selling skills to drive sales
* Cross functional ordering as required for PVC product delivery
* Any other duties as reasonably required.
* GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
* At least 3 years' experience in a design role (preferably with PVC or aluminium windows)
* Able to demonstrate experience in the design/detail of aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling within the building structure
* Demonstrable experience in mechanical design including CAD
* Experience of AutoCad software
* Keen understanding of the construction process and ability to produce architectural details
* Strong knowledge of aluminium systems - their functionality, mechanical strength, thermal and acoustic performance, manufacturing, cost and product life
* Strong client facing / stakeholder management skills
* A full current driving licence is essential.
* 3rd Level Qualification in related subject or equivalent
* Experience of Logical/ReynaPro
* Experience in a sales environment
In return you will receive a competitive salary (reflective of experience), 29 days holiday, pension and other benefits. For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.