Our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, is currently seeking a Careers and Employability Officer who is available immediately
Role: Careers and Employability Officer
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri 8.30am- 4.30pm
Rate of Pay: Weeks 1-12- £7.05/£7.50. Week 13+ £9.30/hr
Duration: 5 months- End Jan 2018
- To maintain existing and develop additional networks, both internal and external, which will generate support for the Careers and Employability Service's programme of events. Such networks will include employers, professional bodies and Higher Education providers to extend the range of opportunities e.g. Jobs, placements, work experience and volunteering opportunities, and Higher Education places.
- To deliver elements of the Careers and Employability programme, as required e.g. workshops on CV-building, interview skills, placement preparation.
- Specifically to take responsibility for the organisation and development of various Jobs and Further Study Fairs (currently 7 per academic year) across different campuses, to enable students to engage directly with employers, HE providers and placement providers.
- To maintain, develop and extend effective channels of communication with and between key stakeholders to include students, employers, academic and other staff and support departments. This includes responsibility for certain aspects of social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter and the co-ordination of the production of a range of associated promotional materials.
- To attend and contribute to meetings with the various stakeholders as outlined above.
- To compile reports and other management information relating to the activities of the post and the broader service activities, as required.
- Hold a level 3 qualification plus 12 months administrative experience or alternatively 3 years administrative experience
- Have two years recent experience of organising events and related activities ideally but not exclusively involving student engagement
- Have two years recent experience of working in a customer and or student facing environment.Have an understanding of the role Careers Information and Guidance plays in the Student Experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS THURSDAY 28TH SEPT AT 12PM
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Enhanced Access NI Clearance at the cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.