Temporary Caretaker required for Newry Co.Down. Average 22.5 hours per week until 30th June 2016 (with possibility of extension)
Monday - Thursday: 7.30am - 11.30am
Friday: 7.30am - 12.30pm
Monday & Tuesday: 2.30pm - 7.00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 3.00pm - 7.00pm
Friday: 12.30pm - 7.00pm
The successful candidate must be prepared to work outside normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and Public and extra Statutory Holidays as required.
- Be a keyholder, opening and closing of buildings/offices, checking of premises and reporting any security issues.
- Day to day supervision of domestic assistants and responding to emergency situations on a rotational basis with the Head Caretaker.
- Porterage duties, eg, erection and dismantling of stands and equipment, moving of furniture, setting out rooms for meetings, control of conferencing equipment etc.
- Cleaning of designated offices, rooms, toilets, reception area, stairs, lobby, corridors, outer approaches etc to ensure that they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Duties will also include the cleaning, washing, sweeping, vacuum cleaning, emptying litter bins, polishing and dusting of designated areas including toilet and associated facilities and fixtures and fittings using where appropriate the necessary powered equipment.
- Ensuring that the outer approaches of the offices are maintained in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Maintenance of stock and stores of cleaning items and the efficient use of same, also re-ordering of stock to maintain stock levels for hospitality, fuel, cleaning and ancillary items.
- Receipt and storage of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Carry out first aid repairs to minor damage of equipment, buildings, etc
- Making reports on damages, loss, repairs etc.
- Checking and testing of alarm systems as required and completion of fire log duties.
- Ensure heating plant is working efficiently, and carrying out basis maintenance of plant, eg, heating plant and boilers, reporting any faults to supplier and line manager.
- Direction of the Public, including where appropriate, giving and receiving of messages and receptionist/telephonist duties.
- Delivery and receipt of goods and services in vehicle provided.
- Compliance and assistance with agreed emergency evacuation procedures.
- Cover in Canteen as required.
- Carry out minor grounds maintenance in and around grounds, ie, collection of leaves, weeding, etc.
- Power hosing of external paths, tarmac etc.
- The caretaker will also act as a first point of contact with the emergency services and use basic security equipment where necessary.
- Carry out duties for all jobs up to and including those in the grade / scale set for this post provided such duties are deemed to be within the area of work
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as amended)
- Complete all documentation associated with the duties of the post.
- Participate in staff training and development activities to ensure that knowledge, skills and competence required to fulfil the role in full are up to date.
- Current ordinary driving licence (Category B)
- At least one year's previous experience in a working environment in the following areas: Cleaning, Caretaking and Security duties
- At least 6 months' previous working experience dealing with the public.
- Previous experience of operating electrical and mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Previous experience in the operation of heating plant and associated equipment.
- Good understanding of health and safety practice relevant to the post.
- Responsible and able to work on own initiative.
- Physically fit
- Access NI check (Basic Disclosure)
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary assignment please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9th May 2016 @ 10am. CV's submitted after this time will not be considered.