Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Caretaker to start ASAP
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13 week's + £8.19 p/h
Hours: 37 hours Mon-Fri
- Open and close the facility as required including checking that the premises; associated out buildings and perimeters are properly secured, setting the burglar alarm system as required.
- Acting as the designated key holder be responsible for on-site visitors or contractors and attend to rapid response and emergency call-outs as required
- Responsible for the effective operation of various systems within the building such as fire alarms, intruder alarm, CCTV, heating, lighting, plumbing and audio visual systems
- Provide information and direct or assist members of the public, contractors and external
- Carry out general grounds maintenance, clean and litter-pick the external area including backyard, forecourts, outdoor multi-purpose areas, sporting pitches, footpaths, car parks (gritting during winter months) including the safe operation of any maintenance/cleaning machines
- Ensure energy usage is not excessive by turning off lights, heating and equipment when not in use
- Liaise with appropriate staff and keep a diary of bookings to ensure facilities are set up to meet the various specifications of users. This will include setting up and taking down of tables, chairs, notice boards and other relevant equipment for the booking.
- Engage with the public in the delivery of services providing guidance and assistance where required in a co-operative and courteous manner and at all times being aware of their needs.
- Report serious hazards, damage, defects and vandalism to the Facilities Manager immediately and the completion of any associated paperwork
- 6 months experience of General maintenance within a similar work environment
- 6 months experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Experience dealing with the general public
- 2 GCSE's to include English and Maths Grade A-C or equivalent
- Knowledge of Legionella procedures
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.