Job Title: Caretaker (Part-Time)
Locations: Harpur's Hill Community centre, Coleraine
Hours of work: 16 hours per week
Pay rate: Weeks 1- 13 £7.50 p/h - Weeks 13+ £8.55 p/h
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day security, safety, cleanliness and general maintenance of the building and site assigned to.
- Open and close the facility as required including checking that the premises; associated out buildings and perimeters are properly secured, setting the burglar alarm system as required.
- Acting as the designated key holder be responsible for on-site visitors or contractors and attend to rapid response and emergency call-outs as required.
- Responsible for the effective operation of various systems within the building such as fire alarms, intruder alarm, CCTV, heating, lighting, plumbing and audio visual systems.
- Provide information and direct or assist members of the public, contractors and external agencies with regards to the facility as appropriate.
- Undertake internal cleaning to the entire premises including toilets, halls, offices, meeting rooms, social areas, kitchens, storage rooms, changing facilities, including the safe operation of cleansing machines and chemicals where appropriate.
- Carry out general grounds maintenance, clean and litter-pick the external area including backyard, forecourts, outdoor multi-purpose areas, sporting pitches, footpaths, car parks (gritting during winter months) including the safe operation of any maintenance/cleaning machines.
- Ensure energy usage is not excessive by turning off lights, heating and equipment when not in use.
- In line with health and safety regulations ensure safe storage of cleaning materials and facility equipment taking responsibility of the identification of hazards and safeguarding the public within and external to the facility.
- Liaise with appropriate staff and keep a diary of bookings to ensure facilities are set up to meet the various specifications of users. This will include setting up and taking down of tables, chairs, notice boards and other relevant equipment for the booking.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to bookings and facility users.
- Engage with the public in the delivery of services providing guidance and assistance where required in a co-operative and courteous manner and at all times being aware of their needs.
- Maintain and record log books for fire, legionella and accident reports as necessary.
- Report serious hazards, damage, defects and vandalism to the Facilities Manager immediately and the completion of any associated paperwork.
- Order and ensure adequate stock levels of cleaning, stationary and toiletry supplies for the smooth operation of the building.
- Responsible for the acceptance, checking, appropriate storage and use of any deliveries including the use of mechanical aids where necessary.
- To comply with and actively promote the Council's Health and Safety Policy and Procedures and more specifically to observe Health and Safety guidelines including the wearing of PPE and not working above a height of eleven feet.
- Assist with centre functions and oversee sporting matches as necessary.
- Undertake all training as required.
- Assist with training and provide guidance to relief employees as required.Essential Criteria:
- Six months experience of General maintenance within a similar work environment
- Six months experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Experience dealing with the general public
- Experience of keeping records
- GCSE - English and math's, Grade A-C or equivalent
- Knowledge of Legionella procedures
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.