Casual Duty Officer required for Lisburn.
- The Duty Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management and efficient operation of the centre and adjoining Council leisure facilities, keeping with the standards contained in the current quality system.
- As well as the administration and promotion of the centre, the Duty Officer is responsible for the effective control of staff, customers & contractors, and the development of a programme of activities and achievement of income and expenditure targets.
- Required to cover opening hours on a shift rota basis and shall carry out any specific or operation duties necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the centre.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for staff, public, contractors etc. during opening hours and keeping the Community Sports Facility Manager informed by means of written reports, computer records and returns, rotas and any other relevant information as required. Assisting with staff recruitment.
- Operational, control, development, and promotion of all facilities. Specific areas of responsibilities will be allocated amongst Duty Officers and be capable of interchange as directed by the Manager of Activity Centres.
- Security of the Building, its contents, opening and closing and acting as key holder.
- Liaise and co-operate with the Council Health & Safety Officer ensuring health and safety legislation and Council health and safety policies are adhered to, including carrying out risk assessments and ensuring that the facility is maintained at a high standard of cleanliness and serviceability.
- Maintain and control the inventory of equipment, furnishings and stock etc.; ordering, purchasing, issuing, accounting for and checking as required and keeping records.
- Ensure that quality standards, procedures, work instructions and records in keeping with the current quality system and any other quality systems are followed and maintained. Undertaking specific duties relating to the System, such as, Quality Representative or Internal Auditor.
- General administrative duties, including the operation of a cash/booking system, bank lodgements, reconciliation of income, production of relevant reports and appropriate records and assisting with the control of income and expenditure budgets.
- Liaise with other departments, outside bodies, customer/community groups to ensure a high level of service, including the development of a balanced programme of activities.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures within the Sports Services Unit. Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the services and activities and provide a safe environment for customers and employees. Ensure all Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council policies, and procedures are complied with in relation to the services and activities of the Unit to provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
- Ensure that all Council policies and statutory rules and regulations are adhered to. Maintain an element of flexibility in the performance of duties to meet the exigencies for service; carry out task as may be allocated, including the interchange of rotas or duties within the section to cover for sickness, leave, staff vacancies etc.
- 5 GCSE's, NVQ level II or equivalent
- At least 3 yrs similar experience OR 6 yrs similar experience if essential qualification criteria is not met
- Previous cash/booking system
- Coaching qualification
- First Aid certificate
Salary £11.88 per hr